Are you currently pregnant and searching for information, support, and practical ways to prepare for birth and motherhood? There is so much information available and so many different philosophies regarding birth and mothering. I’m here to help you examine your own values around these life-changing events and seasons and then pursue a path consistent with those values.
I purposely offer varying levels of support designed to best accommodate families with varying education and support needs and with varying birth support budgets. If you’re looking for something a little different than what I list here, please feel free to contact me and we can chat about a custom plan!
Have a topic you want to discuss regarding your upcoming birth? A decision to make? A birth plan to create? A birth experience to process? Birth consultations are very flexible. Contact me and we can schedule a time to chat!
Essential Birth Knowledge for Parents
This class is for women and (ideally) couples to help them know their options and prepare for birth.
- informed decision-making
- ways to optimally support the physiology of birth
- finding comfort during labor
- newborn decisions
- infant feeding
- preparing for postpartum
If you want a deeper, more individualized level of support and education as you prepare for birth, the prenatal doula package is for you! I will help you identify your values, hopes, fears, and concerns surrounding birth and plan and prepare for a birth and postpartum that not only helps you achieve short-term goals, but supports your long-term goals and values as a family.
This package includes:
- Essential Birth Knowledge for Thoughtful Parents
- Birth Planning Consultation
- Postpartum Planning Consultation
- Birth Processing Session (after baby is born)
- Individualized support from time of hiring through 6 weeks postpartum
Available in person or long distance. Additional consultations available at a reduced rate.
I take a limited number of birth doula clients each year. If you want individualized support and education not only throughout pregnancy and in preparation for birth, but physical and emotional support during birth itself, this is the package for you! This package includes everything that is included in the prenatal doula package, plus:
- 24/7 on call availability from 37-42 weeks of pregnancy
- Continuous presence and support during labor, birth, and for up to 2 hours postpartum
- Access to a back-up doula in the rare case that illness, emergency, or an unusually lengthy labor prevents me from attending all or part of your birth